Sunday, September 23, 2012

Review: MYTHOLOGY

Hola, peoples! So I just finished my good friend Helen Boswell's MYTHOLOGY and it was soooo so so good. I suggest you buy it. It's on Amazon. Just click the little linky thing at the top where it says MYTHOLOGY and it'll take you straight there! :D

 
SUMMARY: Hope Gentry doesn’t believe in Fate. Born with an unusual power to see the dark memories of those around her, Hope just wants to be a normal teenager. But on the first day of her senior year of high school, she finds herself irresistibly drawn to a transfer student named Micah Condie. At first glance, Micah seems like a boy that most girls would dream about. But when Hope's powers allow her to discover Micah's darkest secret, she quickly becomes entangled in the lives of mythical entities she never dreamed existed. Was this her destiny all along? And will her powers help her survive the evil of the Demon Impiorum?

Mythology isn’t just for English class anymore.

...

So bear with me, as I've never done a book review before. :P It might turn out ridiculous and/or laughable. Feel free to tease me about it mercilessly.

MYTHOLOGY is about Hope Gentry, who can see everybody's darkest secrets. Yes, it's as bad as it sounds. How does she deal with it all? In reality, she sees people's souls-- everybody's except Micah's. Micah is a drop dead smexy new boy in Hope's English class. Oh yeah, and he's also a demon.

Helen and I both have angels and demons in our books, and that's not where the similarities end. From gray-eyed protagonists to the resistance of Fate and what it has in store for our heroes, I connected with Hope on a level I don't usually connect with other characters. It helps that she's spunky and blunt, full of personality that you don't see often in other books. MYTHOLOGY was different in a good way, twists and turns you didn't see coming that leaves you gripping the pages until the very end.

All in all, five stars! Now go out and buy it. :P

How did I do? Terrible? Awesome? Somewhere in between? Don't be shy-- I can take your teasings. :P I'm looking at you, Pinky.

No comments:

Post a Comment