Friday, August 5, 2016

Will the Real Jasmine Brown Please Stand Up?

*meanders on in*

*flicks on the light*

*grabs a broom*

*vacuums the floor*

*dusts off bookshelf*

*powers up the computers*

Well, it's been quite a while, hasn't it?

I mean, I turned twenty only five days ago. No longer a teenager. Still an author, though!

Welcome back, everybody! I've got tons to catch up/catch you up on, but for now let me just stretch my legs and get back into the game! Like I said, it's been a little over three years, and I've grown. Not literally. Still five-five. Whatcha gonna do.

 
NEW THINGS!!
 
I'm going to attempt to keep up with all this lol, but I've got a few tricks up my sleeve. I'll continue with my Writing Wednesdays, but now Tuesdays are going to be reserved for editing tips! And I'm thinking Sundays can be updates on my books, sound cool? (I don't know why I'm asking. It's my blog and I'll ruin it completely if I want to.)
 
Also! I've entered Pitch Wars! If you're unaware of this beautiful contest, hop on over to Brenda Blake's and check it out. Super rad, lots of fun, and this is the first year I FINALLY get to participate in it.
 
Why's that? I'm glad you (may or may not have) asked, reader. Are you ready?
 
I HAVE FINISHED THE LUCKY ONE!
 


OH YEAH. Five years, six drafts, and more editing you can shake a stick at, and I'm DONE!

Well. Sort of. I've been querying without much luck, hence Pitch Wars. But I'm not out yet! I'm gonna introduce Lucky to the world if it's the last thing I do!

Dramatics aside, I do have some polishing to do, some things to add, but all in all, my book is on the verge of entering the world. I'm so excited.

In addition to the whole writing bit, I'm also kind of getting into politics. Specifically, mental illness and disabilities and how they fit in society. So I'm thinking I might do some politically-based pieces every so often. Nothing too contrary--this is still me we're talking about--but I've got plans and I intend on keeping them.

All in good time! For now, I'm gonna be doing some cleaning up, but all in all, it's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment