Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Meet My NaNo Characters! PART DOS

Hello hello! Welcome again to Part Two of Meet My NaNo Characters! We've already met the protagonist for Death and Other Things I Fail At-- now, let's meet the supporting character (and potential love interest?), Eli Kelinson!

PHOTO CREDIT: Johnny Pacar (Flight 29 Down)

Eli: Sorry, love interest? Crikes, that'd be a nightmare. Sophia's about as lovely as a plasma gun.

Host: So, Eli! You're from the future? Tell the audience about that.

Eli: S'really not much to tell. We've got an EMF field lining the domes, so, you know, ghosts can't get in. Didn't stop Sophia, 'course. She a whole different sort of entity. Anyway, everything sort of mechanics now. Suppose you still use cell phones and cars. Sorry 'bout that. Don't know how you lot lived in the Y2Ks.

Host: That's... interesting. So, what are you and the protagonist up to these days? Any goals?

Eli: Oh, don't get me started on Sophia. She says, "Oh, we've got to get to my body! It's cryogenically stored in Florida! But first we've got to find a book that may have been destroyed decades ago so I can actually merge with it again!" If you ask me, this whole thing's a suicide mission. But when she took over, my dad was all sorts of convinced that I'd been turned evil or something, so it's not like I can go back home.

Host: Yes, that is fascinating. Oh! We've got a call from back home-- Lisa from New Jersey asks, "Are you a dog person or a cat person?"

Eli: What sort of question is that? I'm a person, person. Gene splicing is just a myth.
-SUBJECT JERKS-
Dogs! I love dogs!
-SUBJECT JERKS AGAIN-
Crikes! Sophia! I told you not to do that! It makes me feel like a girl!

Host: Heh. Well, thanks for the question, caller. One last thing: Are you nervous or excited about your upcoming adventures?

Eli: Erm, well, I'm on the run with a ghost. What's not to be excited about? I could die at every turn. No, I'm not nervous at all.

Host: That's all we have time for today! Thanks for hanging around, Eli. Listening and watchers and readers, stay tuned for our next guest-- the evil, the despicable, the utterly insane King Atticus!

No comments:

Post a Comment