Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Shut Up

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Demons I get. People are crazy."

Sad, but true. I honestly just don't get the human race. We stand up and we're all gung-ho for becoming a better world and accepting each other for who we are and being good-- and then we tear that down by killing each other, calling each other names, destroying each other's homes and families and beliefs and values. And it's not even intentional. At least with serial killers and mad scientists, we know they're evil and can place that label on them and use them as examples of how not to act.

But humans are evil. For the most part.

Exhibit A: We live on the tiniest, most fragile planet in our solar system, the only one known in the entire galaxy (so far) to harbor life. And what do we do? Exploit it, pollute it, poison it (and ourselves)-- and then blame it on each other.

Exhibit B: Little kids-- sixth graders in fact-- shove each other around and swear at each other and hit each other so hard it's sure to knock a few thousand brain cells into nonexistence, and what's worse is that they let them. Is that what "cool" is nowadays? If it is, I think it's much better to be a loser. Because it's a seriously wrong thing if a fifteen-year-old feels bullied by someone who isn't even in their teens yet.

People can be so mean sometimes. Honestly-- can't we all just get along? Why is it so important to put down other people so you can feel good? Tell them to shut up for no reason at all, other than the fact that they have a reputation to be loud and talkative?

Not exactly talking about myself here...

I dunno, I just feel odd everytime I try to talk and I hear someone off to the side whispering, "Oh my God, shut up." Or "She never stops talking." Very not true. I'm talkative, yeah, but it's people like them who make me want to close up and never talk again, since apparently no one cares about my opinion.

And I'll chop off the angsty post here, with a final note. There are seven billion people in the world, each with their own problems to work out. It's just not fair-- or sensible-- that other people have to be the root of one of those problems. It would probably help if we all did our part and were nice, kind to each other. At least every once in a while.

((Bonus points to whoever recognizes the quote.))

No comments:

Post a Comment