Monday, June 25, 2012

Every Happy Thing

I kind of have a depression problem.

Okay. Not so kind of. I have a depression problem. I'm in one of those moods, ya know, the one where you want to rip your hair out and scream to the world that you matter and all you wanted was for one lousy person to tell you that.

Or maybe that's just me.

In any case, I prefer being happy over being frustrated and angry and depressed all the time. The only problem is, I have a hard time being happy for myself. Sure, shove me in a group full of depressed kids and I can get everybody laughing in no time, but when it comes to making myself laugh... It's not as easy as it sounds.

So. Instead of dwelling on the negative things in life, I'm going to think of every happy thing that's happened to me.

1. I have an amazing best friend, Angel.
2. Big Time Rush just came back for a new season.
3. Common Law is AMAZING.
4. I'm (still) going to Big Time Rush's concert in September.
5. I have two beautiful baby sisters.
6. I have two... baby brothers.
7. I have a bed.
8. I have water.
9. I appreciate what I have.
10. I love music.
11. I love writing.
12. I'm lucky to have my friends to support me in things.
13. I'm lucky none of the abuse in my life is physical.
14. I'm lucky to have enough money to be fed, blog, write, sleep, and just be generally happy.
15. I love my mom's computer's keyboard.
16. I love Seattle sunsets.
17. I love climbing my roof at night to look at the stars.
18. I love the deer in my backyard.
19. I love summer when I can lay in the grass and think quietly.
20. I love my life.

There. That wasn't so hard. Felt really good, actually. :) There you go-- Getting to Know You, part forty-three!

1 comment:

  1. *tackles you* You matter. You mean /so *much*/ to me. You are my little sister and my PS and I love you SO FRIGGIN' MUCH.

    ~Halo

    ReplyDelete